Welcome to the University of Southern Maine’s Office of Research Integrity and Outreach (ORIO)!
We are responsible for the oversight of the:
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
- Collaborative Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Export Control Regulations (ECR)
- Administration of Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI)
- Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center (MeRTEC)
USM Office of Research Integrity and Outreach Privacy Statement
The Office of Research Integrity and Outreach (ORIO) is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy and security of all information submitted to this office. The ORIO follows all of the guiding principles established by University of Southern Maine (USM) privacy policies, as well as applicable federal and state regulations. Unless required or authorized by law to disclose information to a third party, all information submitted to this office will be used for the exclusive purpose of official ORIO business.