|Social Behavioral Board||2023||Biomedical Board|
|January 23||February 6|
|March 22||April 3|
|May 23||Jun 12|
|August 18||August 18|
|September 7||October 23|
- If applicable, Organizational Agreement
- Appointment Letter from USM’s Provost, the first term is usually one year, every 2-3 afterwards
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Provide a recent CV/Resume (mailto: email@example.com)
- Complete IRB Member CITI Training
- Contact ORIO staff for reviewer training
- Click here for Board Member informational survey
- Review Guidance and Resources – Institutional Review Board-Member Handbook is provided
- Attend the next Board meeting. See you there!
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings or notify the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach in advance if unable to attend. Specifically, a member must attend 50% of scheduled IRB meetings in a calendar year. Frequent absence may result in loss of membership status;
- Serve as a reviewer for expedited protocols, and/or serve as primary reviewer for Full-Board reviews, upon request;
- Sufficiently prepare for protocol reviews by reading all submitted application materials, and take an active part in the deliberation process when present for full board meetings;
- Recuse oneself from voting or participating in IRB business when the member is the topic of business, including when the member is the PI or key personnel on
- Recuse oneself from voting or participating in IRB business when the member has a real or perceived conflict of interest concerning the matter at hand.
- Complete the CITI online IRB Member training module on Human Subjects Protection (http://www.citiprogram.org) before voting, and every 4 years thereafter.
- Maintain any special or required credentials for those serving in specialized roles.
- Attend the annual workshop.
CITI online Training – UMS use Single Sign On (SSO)
OHRP 45 CFR 46 Human Subject Research Regulations (external link)
OHRP Common Rule Overview (external link)
FDA (external link)
US Dept of Education FERPA (external link)
Declaration of Helsinki (external link)
Nuremberg Code (external link)
OHRP Informed Consent FAQs (external link)
OHRP Children: Research with Children FAQs (external link)
OHRP Prisoner Research FAQs (external link)