Completing Your Osher School of Music Application
- Apply to the University of Southern Maine
- Your application to USM must be started prior to confirmation of your audition reservation.
- Reserve your date through Get Acceptd
- Performance auditions, diagnostic testing and interviews will be completed in person on the USM Gorham campus
- On-line video submission also available
- Fee waivers available
- All auditions completed by February 17, 2023 will be considered for an Osher School of Music Scholarship.
Located in and supported by the vibrant arts community of Southern Maine, we offer an engaging learning environment featuring seven Undergraduate and five Graduate tracks of study. Schedule your audition and study with world-class faculty at the Osher School of Music at the University of Southern Maine.Audition Dates
Please Note: School of Music scholarships are awarded in addition to any USM merit based awards made during the application process. To be considered for music scholarships, you must audition no later than February 17, 2023.
2022-23 Audition Schedule
All auditions materials will be processed online through GetAcceptd. The site will open for reservations on October 15, 2022. Early submission is recommended. Dates for diagnostic testing and application decision are:
- November 18, 2022* Instrumental and Vocal included
- January 20, 2023* Instrumental, Vocal and Musical Theatre included
- January 27, 2023* Instrumental and Vocal included
- February 3, 2023* Instrumental and Vocal included
- February 10, 2023* Instrumental only – No Vocal Auditions
- February 17, 2023* Instrumental, Vocal and Musical Theatre included
- April 14, 2023 Instrumental, Vocal and Musical Theatre included
Please note: Scholarship awards and notifications are made after all scholarship auditions have been completed.
The music education program will prepare students to be eligible for licensure within the State of Maine. Visit the UMS State Authorization and Licensure page to learn more about the licensure requirements in other states and territories, and for contact information to inquire further about the licensure requirements associated with this program.