Every applicant for admission must submit:
- An electronic application form
- The application fee
- Official transcripts of all previous college and university work
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- An essay of 300-500 words on your professional goals
- A representative list of works performed
Applicants to the Osher School of Music graduate programs in conducting must fulfill the following requirements prior to enrollment:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in music or music education.
- An audition (by invitation only; see details below). Music education applicants submit additional materials in lieu of an audition.
- Music Education applicants need to have completed one year or its equivalent of full-time professional experience.
Music Interview and Portfolio Review
Once the application in the Office of Graduate Admissions is complete, the Osher School of Music Graduate Studies Committee will review the materials and make a recommendation to the School’s coordinator of graduate studies. The respective program advisor will contact applicants selected for interview.
Requirements by area of study
Each degree program has specific audition requirements. Acceptance into an area of study is exclusive to that area, and a separate application and audition is required for each area. Due to the intensive and individualized nature of a graduate program in music, admission in specific areas will be limited.