We offer a variety of housing options on the Gorham campus, with innovative programs to ease the transition to life on your own, jump start your social life, and help you meet many new and diverse individuals. Each of our residence halls is overseen by a full time, live-in professional Resident Director, assisted by a student Lead Resident Assistant and Resident Assistants, who support the resident student community.
Interested in a tour of our residence halls? Schedule one during a visit to campus or contact our office to schedule a time to view a room. Please check with us ahead of time so we can be sure to accommodate your request.
See floor plans for the halls. (Note these are not to scale.)
Centrally located on the Gorham campus, Anderson offers small hall living paired with plenty of common spaces to gather together. More...
Opened in 2001, it provides myriad upperclass housing options and Gender Inclusive living in most rooms. Home to the upperclass Honors Living Learning Community and the Rainbow Living Learning Community. More...
A charming hall, neighboring the performing and fine arts classroom buildings, this hall is popular with our returning residents in the fine and performing arts. More...
Located centrally on the Gorham campus, convenient to the Brooks Student Center and many campus resources. More...
This first year student building is small yet dynamic. Convenient to Bailey Hall, Brooks Student Center and academic and administrative resources. More...
Built adjacent to the Paula Hodgdon Athletic field, Upperclass Hall has the distinction of being the first LEED certified residence hall at USM. Provides apartment style living, Gender Inclusive options, and other amenities for upperclass and graduate students. More...
All residence halls are located on the Gorham campus and include:
- Wireless internet access in common areas
- Campus card access to the halls
- Free laundry facilities with online monitoring
- TV lounges
- Vending machines
- Security desk staff beginning at 7pm
All rooms include at a minimum:
- High speed wireless internet access
- Energy Star rated MicroFridge (combined refrigerator/freezer/microwave)
- Standard twin bed in most halls (Anderson and Woodward have extra long twin beds)
- Desk chair
- Closet or wardrobe
- Cable access with 50+ channels
- *Apartment common areas in the Upperclass Hall also include full kitchen, dining table and chairs for four, couch and chair
- ** Suite common areas in Upperclass and Philippi include a couch, chair and two Microfridge units
- ***Enhanced occupancy room furnishings may vary from the above due to space restrictions