Extended Teacher Education Program (ETEP)
Supplemental content for Certificate of Graduate Study in Teaching and Assessment Practices to Meet Learning Expectations
Application Procedures and Required Materials
This is a cohort-based certificate offered through the Professional Development Center. Applications are accepted when there is a cohort. For more information contact the Professional Development Center.
Applicants are required to provide the following materials:
- Application: Online Application
- Application fee: Waived for all applicants
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, excluding the seven campuses of the University of Maine System (UMS transcripts are accessible to USM). A transcript is official when sent directly from the institution.
- International College transcripts: In addition to an official copy of the transcript, an official evaluation of college-level transcripts from a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) approved transcript analysis agency is required.
- Resume: Submit a resume or CV that outlines professional, volunteer, and community experience.
- Personal Statement
- TOEFL or IELTS: Students whose first language is not English may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit official scores as part of the application process. See additional information below regarding test scores.
Where to send transcripts and application materials
Official transcripts and other supporting documents can be sent to:
Application Processing Center
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412
Colleges and universities that participate in the electronic submission of transcripts can send official transcripts to email@example.com. Resumes, essays, and other documents can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a transcript or recommendation to be considered official, it must be sent by the institution or the person writing the recommendation
- The Certificate of Graduate Study programs are not eligible for a student visa (I-20) or scholarships. International students interested in enrolling in graduate programs that are eligible for a student visa should explore the masters and doctoral options offered at the University.
English Proficiency Test Scores
Official English proficiency examination scores are required from international applicants and/or applicants whose primary language is not English, unless the applicant has received a degree from an English-speaking institution. The University of Southern Maine accepts the following score reports sent directly from the testing agency. TOEFL scores of 79 or higher on the internet-based test, 550 or higher on the paper-based test, or 213 or higher on the computer-based test; or IELTS scores of 6.5 or higher will be considered for a graduate program.
For more information about courses and credit hours, view our Program Requirements.