The success of students is our main focus at USM, and we recognize that parents and family can play an important part. We know that you may have questions about resources, your role and how you can be most helpful to your student. Please review the links and information below to help you to learn more.
Family Member Communications
Questions about Orientation may be directed to email@example.com or (207) 780-4604
FERPA- your student's right to privacy
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student's educational records. You may read more about this important federal law: FERPA - Privacy of Records
New Student Course Registration & Orientation Information
- Next Steps: Review the Next Steps with your student
- Pay Enrollment Deposit: All students must pay before starting the Orientation and Advising & Course Selection Process.
- Activate Student Account: Students must activate email and use @maine.edu for communication.
- Access Student Portal: USM Portal for student access to MaineStreet, E-mail, campus platforms.
- Orientation Module: Required to be completed before scheduling an Advising & Course Selection Appointment
- Orientation Dates & Information: Learn when your student's Orientation is scheduled.
- Preparing for Advising Appointment: Make sure your student is ready for their appointment.
2019 Family Member Events
- Family & Friends / Homecoming Weekend - TBA
- Old-Fashioned Outdoor Band Concert - TBA
- Local Accommodations & Restaurants
- USM Academic Calendar
- Visit USM and Schedule a Tour
- USM Maps and Directions
- Cash Course Financial Planning Tools
- Academic Advising
- Student Activities & Involvement
- University Health and Counseling Services
- Disability Services Center
- University Public Safety
- Office of Residential Life
- Student Financial Services
- Registration & Scheduling Services
- The Learning Commons - Academic Support / Tutoring