What is WIOA?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was signed into law on July 22, 2014. WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market. WIOA matches employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
To enroll in WIOA approved programs, contact your local state career center.
Maine CareerCenter Eligibility
The CareerCenters are the providers of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services in Maine. For more information visit: mainecareercenter.gov
Eligible programs through USM
- Grant Writing Certificate
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Test Prep
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate
- Mediation Certificate
- Business Communication Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Supervision: Individual Course Certificate
- Supervision: Comprehensive Program Certificate
- Agile Leadership and Process Improvement
- Agile Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Scrum Product Owner