How to apply for Fall 2019/Spring 2020 on campus housing:
- Complete the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 housing application/contract.
(If you are a returning campus resident, in addition to completing this application/contract, please refer to the Returning Resident Updates page for information about our waitlist, etc.).
- Any student under 18 at the time of application must also complete the Minor Housing Consent Form with their parent or legal guardian.
- The housing priority deadline is June 1st for newly admitted students. Pay the $75.00 housing fee the same day you complete the housing application. You may mail a check or money order to USM Residential Life, 37 College Ave., Gorham, ME 04038 (please include student name and ID number), or pay your $75.00 housing deposit online. To do so, log in to MaineStreet and navigate to <Student Self Service - Student Center - Pay My Bill - View Bill/Payment Options - Access TouchNet Bill+Payment - Deposits - Select Term - Select Deposit Payment - USM Housing Deposit by CC (credit card) or Echeck, then finish following instructions.
- If you are a first year student, you will be assigned based on your date of application, the Living Learning Community 1 credit COR class you sign up for at your advising session, and the date you enroll in classes. It is vital that you register for an Advising and Course Selection (ACS) session as soon as possible so that we may assign you to housing in a timely manner. Consult the Orientation page for advising and course registration information.
- Returning and international students are not required to pay the housing deposit up front, but may be charged for it depending on cancellation date.
- Russell Scholars Program requires an additional application to the program. If you request this as a choice for Living Learning Community on the housing application, please be sure to apply to the program, too!
- Please contact the Disability Services Center at 207-780-4706 or email@example.com if you require disability-based housing accommodations. The earliest possible communication is particularly helpful in requests for specific room assignments or modifications. Information and detailed guidelines can be found at https://usm.maine.edu/dsc/residential-students.
Tired of commuting in the snow? We are still taking applications for this current Spring 2019 semester.
- If you would like to apply for this current semester Spring 2019 only, please complete this Spring 2019 housing application/contract and send a follow up e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are looking for just Spring 2019 semester housing.
If you haven't yet activated your UMS user account, which gives you access to MaineStreet, your e-mail, and Blackboard, go to http://accounts.maine.edu/ and click on "Activate your account". If you have trouble activating it, contact Technology Support Center at email@example.com or 207-780-4029.