Two important deadlines:
- Incoming First Year and Transfer students need to complete the housing/application and contract by July 20th at 4:30pm to receive a guarantee of housing. After that, students will be placed on a wait list.
- Returning students - the deadline for guaranteed housing was to apply by April 18, 2018 during returner housing selection. Any students that applied after that date will be on a waitlist for housing. However, due to the capacity of Fall 2018 housing, they should anticipate not receving an assignment by the beginning of Fall courses.
How to apply for Fall 2018/Spring 2019 on campus housing:
- Complete the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 housing application/contract. Our guaranteed housing deadline is May 1, 2018, but applications will be taken after that date.
- Summer housing is also available for students matriculated for Summer 2018. Apply here!
- Newly admitted students pay a $75.00 housing application fee. You may mail a check or money order to USM Residential Life, 37 College Ave., Gorham, ME 04038 (please include student name and ID number), or pay your $75.00 housing deposit online. To do so, log in to MaineStreet and navigate to <Student Self Service - Student Center - Pay My Bill - View Bill/Payment Options - Access TouchNet Bill+Payment - Deposits - Select Term - Select Deposit Payment - USM Housing Deposit by CC (credit card) or Echeck, then finish following instructions.
- If you are a first year student, you will be assigned based on your date of application, Living Learning Community preference, COR class, and the date you enroll in classes. It is vital that you register for an Advising and Course Selection (ACS) session as soon as possible so that we may assign you to housing in a timely manner. Consult the Orientation page for advising and course registration information.
- Returning and international students are not required to pay the housing deposit.
- Returning campus residents currently living on campus will need to complete this contract and also participate in the annual Room Selection process in March to select a room for fall 2018/spring 2019. Students who missed this process may still submit a housing application/contract.
- Russell Scholars Program requires an additional application to the program. If you request this as a choice for Living Learning Community on the housing application, please be sure to apply to the program, too!
- Please contact the Disability Services Center at 207-780-4706 or email@example.com if you require disability-based housing accommodations. The earliest possible communication is particularly helpful in requests for specific room assignments or modifications. Information and detailed guidelines can be found at https://usm.maine.edu/dsc/residential-students.
Housing assignments will be mailed and e-mailed in late July 2018. New spring 2019 housing assignments will be mailed and e-mailed December 2018.
If you haven't yet activated your UMS user account, which gives you access to MaineStreet, your e-mail, and Blackboard, go to http://accounts.maine.edu/ and click on "Activate your account". If you have trouble activating it, contact Technology Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-780-4029.