Housing Application Process
How to apply for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 on campus housing:
- Complete the housing application/contract
- Newly admitted students pay a $75.00 housing application fee. You may mail a check or money order to USM Residential Life, 37 College Ave., Gorham, ME 04038 (please include student name and ID number), or pay your $75.00 housing deposit online. To do so, log in to MaineStreet and navigate to <Student Self Service - Student Center - Pay My Bill - View Bill/Payment Options - Access TouchNet Bill+Payment - Deposits - Select Term - Select Deposit Payment - USM Housing Deposit by CC (credit card) or Echeck, then finish following instructions.
- If you are a first year student, you will be assigned based on your date of application, Living Learning Community preference, COR class, and the date you enroll in classes. It is vital that you register for an Advising and Course Selection (ACS) session as soon as possible so that we may assign you to housing in a timely manner. Consult the Orientation page for advising and course registration information.
- Returning and international students are not required to pay the housing deposit.
- Returning campus residents currently living on campus will need to complete this contract and also participate in the annual Room Selection process in March to select a room for fall 2017/spring 2018. Students who missed this process may still submit a housing application/contract.
- Russell Scholars Program requires an additional application to the program. If you request this as a choice for Living Learning Community on the housing application, please be sure to apply to the program, too!
- Please contact the Disability Services Center at 207-780-4706 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require disability-based housing accommodations. The earliest possible communication is particularly helpful in requests for specific room assignments or modifications. Information and detailed guidelines can be found at http://usm.maine.edu/dsc/housing-accommodations.
Housing assignments will be mailed July 2017. New spring 2018 housing assignments will be mailed December 2017.
If you haven't yet activated your UMS user account, which gives you access to MaineStreet, your e-mail, and Blackboard, go to http://accounts.maine.edu/ and click on "Activate your account". If you have trouble activating it, contact Technology Support Center at email@example.com or 207-780-4029.