- Internships/Jobs- Our location in southern Maine provides excellent opportunities for internships and job placement at local engineering firms, such as Pratt & Whitney, Texas Instruments, Bath Iron Works, IDEXX Laboratories, Lanco Assembly Systems, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, ON Semiconductor, and numerous other firms in the state.
- Hands-on Learning- The programs encourage hands-on exploration of the learning environment and incorporates this exploration in most of its courses. The percentage of courses that require an open-ended design component is greater than that of many similar programs.
- Our programs offer small class sizes taught by experienced and dedicated faculty.
- The department hosts several student-run extracurricular groups, such as the Engineering Student Committee (ESC), which includes IEEE, ASME student chapters, and SAMPE.
- Accreditation- The programs are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).