At University Health Services (UHS), we are committed to keeping our students healthy and safe. We understand that this contributes to a student’s academic success and overall well-being.
Billing and Insurance:
Students coming in for health visits will be asked to provide us with a copy of their health insurance card. Insurance will be billed for each clinical appointment. Students who have no insurance will not be denied services. University Health Services offers a reduced payment or free care option for students who qualify.
Voluntary Health Insurance Plan:
The University of Maine System’s seven campuses offer a voluntary insurance plan. Click the button below to learn more.
Eligible students are required to comply with state law and provide proof of their immunity for specified vaccine preventable diseases.
Your visits to us are private and confidential. None of your health information will be shared nor your records released without your written consent, except as required/allowed by law.
- For a health-related emergency, dial 911
- For a mental health crisis, dial 988 or 1-888-568-1112
- For Campus Public Safety, dial (207) 780-5211
After-Hours/Off Campus Resources:
- Maine Medical Center: 207-662-0111(Portland)
- Maine Medical Center Urgent Care Plus: 207-662-0111 (Portland)
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital: 207-879-3000 (Portland)
- Planned Parenthood: 207-797-8881 (Portland)
- Portland STD Clinic/PrEP Program: 207-874-8446 (Portland)
- Greater Portland Health: 207-874-2141 (Portland)
- Northern Light Mercy Walk-in Care: 207-535-1400 (Gorham)
- Central Maine Healthcare: 207-795-2870 (Lewiston)
- St Mary’s Urgent Care: 207-330-3900 (Lewiston)
- Concentra Urgent Care: 207-784-1680 (Lewiston)
- ConvenientMD Urgent Care: 207-517-3838 (Portland) 207-517-3800 (Westbrook) 207-571-7991 (Saco)