Three Year Course Plan for Literacy Education and TESOL
Please note: This Course Plan does not include courses offered in the fully online MSEd-TESOL program.
View our Three Year Course Plan
The University of Southern Maine (USM) Literacy Education and TESOL programs offer courses, certificates, and master’s degrees to meet the needs of both pre-service and in-service teachers who live in Maine, out-of-state-and abroad. Whether you’re searching for individual courses or you’re interested in completing a degree or certificate program, we offer courses and programs in a variety of formats to serve you where you are.
This Course Plan lists what semester each course will be held, and in what format — online or blended. Blended courses include some sessions online and some sessions on campus.
- Fully online programs include only online courses.
- Blended programs include both online courses and blended courses.
- Blended courses include some sessions online and some sessions on campus.
We are excited to now offer an online, 7-week format for certified teachers. For the Masters of Science in Literacy Education and the Certificate of Graduate Studies, courses are offered in an online, 7-week format. With six sessions per year, we allow teachers to begin your program at the most convenient time for you. Our academic advisors will meet with you and co-design a course sequence that works for you
How to use the Course Plan
- If you are taking one class at a time: Browse courses by semester below to determine when you can take each course.
- If you are completing a degree or certificate: You can plot out your future course schedule by cross-referencing each degree or certificate’s Course Sequence or Program Requirements. Browse Our Program Options.
You can study online or come to our campus and study in America. Our Office of International Programs offers guidance with preparing your application.
- Contact our Office of International Programs for guidance.