Undergraduate Teacher Education
Minor in Educational Studies
The Educational Studies Minor provides students who are interested in education, experience and knowledge of the philosophical, psychological and practical facets of this field of study. The minor is a total of 18 credits, nine of which must be chosen from the following list. The Educational Studies Minor courses meet many of the Core Curriculum requirements, including the Thematic Cluster. Important: The Minor in Educational Studies does NOT lead to teacher certification.
- EDU 100* Exploring Teaching as a Profession Or
- EYE 108 Culture Identity, and Education
- HRD 200* Multi-Cultural Human Development (meets Socio-Cultural Analysis requirement)
- SED 335* Students with Exceptionalities in General Education
Choose 3 of the following:
- ADS 300* Ethics and Youth with Exceptionalities (EISRC course)
- EDU/AED 230 Teaching Through the Arts
- EDU 300 Educational Media and Technology
- EDU 310* What is the Purpose of Education in a Democracy? (meets ESIRC and International requirement)
- EDU 305* Foundations of Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (meets Diversity requirement)
- EDU 336 Children's Literature
- SED 420* Multi-Tiered Systems of Educational Support
* These courses include a field experience component.