The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, affectionately known as OLLI, offers an extensive array of liberal arts and sciences courses for students 50 or older.
- There are no entrance requirements, grades, and tests.
- No college background is required.
- Your experience and love of learning are what counts with OLLI!
Learn for the Love of it!
Are you 50 or older, with a curious mind and a keen interest in learning, just for the love of it?
- We invite you to join more than 2100 like-minded older learners who are members of OLLI at the University of Southern Maine (USM).
- OLLI offers courses in the fall and spring terms for eight weeks and in the winter and summer terms for six weeks.
- Class subjects are extensive, ranging from music and art to history and science.
- Classes meet in person and online for two hours a week!
- We meet in person in the Wishcamper Center on the Portland Campus of USM and online in our Zoom classes.
- We also offer some hybrid classes (i.e., meeting together both in person and online!)
Enjoy learning in the relaxed atmosphere of OLLI classes.
Renew your enthusiasm for learning in the relaxed atmosphere of OLLI classes. During class, you’ll engage in discussions on the course material, enjoy lectures or presentations from the instructor, and contemplate life’s questions and answers.
OLLI National Resource Center
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Southern Maine (USM) is a member of the national network of Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes. You can learn more about the national OLLI network on the Osher National Resource Center website.
Maine Senior College Network
OLLI is also a member of the Maine Senior College Network (MSCN). There are sixteen active Senior Colleges in Maine. For more information, please visit the MSCN website.