HONK Virtual Parking Permit Information
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is housed in 210 Wishcamper Center on the Portland Campus of USM. The GPS address is 44 Bedford St., Portland, ME 04101.
OLLI Parking Information
- There is a $ 25-a-year charge, valid from August 28th – June 30th, for parking at USM. (You will need to apply on the Honk webpage via the link provided below)
Where to park on the USM Portland campus?
- OLLI Students must park in the USM parking garage attached to the Abromson Community Education Center, located on Bedford Street.
- USM parking requires a virtual permit and is open to OLLI members Mondays through Saturdays.
- ADA parking is available in both the old parking garage and the new parking garage. Only OLLI students with ADA license plate or an ADA hangtag can park in ADA spaces anywhere and only ADA OLLI students can park in the new garage.
How do I obtain a parking permit?
- Register for a virtual parking permit via the Honk webpage
- Pay the $25 parking charge using the Honk Parking Registration System.
- Pull in the garage, and park.
- The parking garage will no longer have a gate to enter/exit and will simply scan your license plate to ensure you are registered with Honk.
HONK parking permit – step-by-step
Once you click the link, on the right, under the map of Portland and below ‘September/October’, click on the link that says:
Student Commuter – OLLI valid through June 2024 (Aug 11 – Jun 30) $25.00
- Add your email address, create an easy-to-remember password, and add your cell phone number
- You will be texted a verification code to enter
- Enter your license plate number and add an optional nickname for your car (Rob’s car, Betty the Buick, etc), then click ‘add vehicle’
- Next, you will see a payment page to enter (add) a credit card
- Please add a credit card
- finish checking out and verifying your license plate number
Honk will only be using your license plate as identification, -unlike in the past, they don’t collect car make, model, color, bumper stickers – NOTHING! This makes it simpler for everyone but keep that in mind the next time you drive a rental or your partner’s car to OLLI. You are able to add three vehicles to your account but if you do, you must select the vehicle you will be using on campus, as only one of your vehicles is allowed to park at a time. The license plate in the lot has to match the one you’ve selected. If you are switching to another vehicle, update the information by logging into your Honk account prior to arriving on campus.
This new process started the week of August 28, so please take care of this before you come to campus. The parking fee is still $25 (plus a $3.25 service fee) and will be effective from when to pay until June 30, 2024.
ADA parking is available in both the old parking garage and the new parking garage. Only OLLI students with ADA license plate or an ADA hangtag can park in ADA spaces anywhere and only ADA OLLI students can park in the new garage.
*Office volunteers and OLLI faculty – You have been sent a separate email, if you need assistance contact Rob directly.
Parking garage and OLLI campus map
Useful USM Campus links: