The Department of Public Safety offers many services to the campus community:
- Personal Safety Escort service
- Emergency Response
- Community Patrols - by marked police vehicles, on foot or on a bicycle
- Security Details / Event Security & Safety
- Community Engagement & Safety Education
- Traffic Control Safety and Enforcement
- Property Identification Program - register your musical instrument, electronic device, or bicycle to aid in locating it if lost or stolen. See Forms below to register; click HERE to learn about campus bicycle parking and storage policies.
- "Operation Key Tag" - register your keys with us, so they may be returned to you if lost
- Jump-start vehicles with dead batteries
More About Our Programs
Safety Escort Service
To use this service please contact Public Safety Communications at (207)780-5211. A uniformed police officer driving a marked vehicle will pick you up at your present location and bring you to a different on-campus location such as your residence hall or to your vehicle. This service is available whenever an officer is not on another call. If the officer is on another call, the dispatcher will advise you where to wait in a secure location and how long the delay may be.
Emergency Call Boxes
Yellow emergency call boxes are located throughout the campus and inside campus buildings. A call from these phones will go directly to the Emergency Communications Center and assistance will be immediately sent to your location.
All students and employees are encouraged to fill out a registration form for their musical instruments, electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops, media players, video game systems, etc, and bicycles kept on campus.
Please turn the form into Public Safety Communications which will keep the forms on file and should the item be lost or stolen will be used to aid the police in getting the item returned.
Services We are Unable to Offer
- Motor Vehicle Lockouts, Flat Tire Repair Assistance, and other motor vehicle repairs or services.